We just celebrated our little pumpkin’s 3rd birthday! In this post I am sharing details of all the handmade birthday decorations we used in her party. Hope you like the ideas.
Theme of the party was ‘Frozen’ (movie). So I decided to use blue, teal, purple and white color scheme for the decorations with just a splash of pink 🙂 I could not make everything I had planned but satisfied with few paper crafts I could complete before time. Thanks to my Cricut Explore Air 2 paper cutting machine, it saved me a lot of time.
You can download the image for above frozen picture cake from here.
This welcome sign was put at the front door of party hall. I used my lamp stand to hold the sign. This is made using a thermocol board that came in one of the Amazon shipping boxes. I think it came with TV.
- I sprayed some black chalk paint to give it a look of blackboard.
- Chalk spray paint did not set well on thermocol material. I used 2 layers. Wooden board would work better
- To decorate my chalkboard, I made 2 paper rose flowers using cardstock paper.
- I used Teal and Magenta colors. Individual rose looks beautiful. Multiple such paper roses together can make great backdrop.
- I followed instructions to make paper rose on this blog: https://www.countryhillcottage.com/giant-paper-roses/
- It also has template to cut petals. I have used only inner 3 layers as I did not want my flower to be too big. If you are using such flower for backdrop, you can add 2 more rounds of petals.
- Then I used my Cricut to make ‘Tirtha’s 3rd Birthday’ stencil with cardstock paper.
- Then used colored chalks to write on my chalkboard.
I made this simple birthday banner using cardstock paper (250 gsm) and some glitter foam. I downloaded a free SVG cutting file online to cut this beautiful shape using my Cricut machine. Background color is Crocus and Teal + magenta on top. Alphabets are cut on blue glitter foam.
I also added few hanging snowflakes in the party hall.
SVG cutting file for this snowflake shape is downloaded from this blog:
Few more crafts I made to decorate the cake table:
I decorated this wooden monogram to place on the cake table. I have wrapped a beautiful blue Tulle fabric around it to go with the Frozen theme. Glued a Tiara on the top and stick few snowflake stickers on top which I cut using Cricut.
Made a ‘Let it go’ flame to place on cake table. It is a popular song from movie ‘Frozen’. I have used adhesive glitter paper to cut the letters. SVG cutting file can be downloaded from here.
Made a number 3 shape using balloons. I have used blue, pink, purple and white balloons for this. To make it, initially I took a thick wire and bent it in desired shape. Then attached balloons to the wire. Wire can make whole structure little heavy. It needs to be secured well to the wall. I loved how it turned out.
Hope you enjoyed! 🙂